Wednesday 14 August 2013

Rope Routine #3



This really has been my emergency routine for years. Sometimes my little bit of extra rope got lost and suddenly I was pressed to do something. Flip's DVD really helped me. He has a bit where he does all sorts of costumes with rope. And a bit with knots. So I worked out my own little version which is all about knots. Not only has this routine turned out to be a pretty practical routine onto itself. It's whimsical nature also makes it a good encore piece.

let's go into the detail a little. First knot: regular, Second knot: "scientific knot" by Flip from the "Flip's Truly Magical Rope Magic" DVD. Third knot: It's the one handed knot taken from Daryl's "Expert Rope Magic Made Easy" DVD set. Fourth knot: "The Instant Knot" also from Daryl's set. Fifth knot: Tenkai Rope Through Neck. Sixth knot: A fake untying, again Flip. Seventh knot: The female knot using the horizontal loop principle by Flip. And finally the eight knot: The off beat knot also by Flip.

And there you have it. I really urge you guys to create an emergency rope routine yourself. It's good to have, if it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment